The Office of Risk Management provides certificates of insurance to parties Peralta CCD conducts business with, collects certificates, reviews insurance requirements, provides field trip waivers for class participation off campus, and offers the Tenant User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP) that provides affordable insurance, at a cost, for student and outside organizations or groups that would like to hold an event/s at one of Peralta CCD facilities, but do not have insurance.
Certificate of Insurance Request Process
- Provide a copy of the Contract/Agreement/Resolution/Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)/Independent Contractor Contract (ICC).
- Name of the organization the certificate should be made out to.
- Complete address including zip code.
- “Attention to” name.
- If an additional insured or loss payee is required, please allow up to a week for processing.
- Forward the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Trip Waivers
- The Field Trip Waiver (See below) shall be filled out before students can participate in offsite classroom field trips.
- Print out a copy of the Field Trip Waiver for the upcoming field trip and fill it out.
- Return the completed form to the instructor before the field trip.
Tenant User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP)
- Cost is based on the risk of activity, days, number of participants, and special requirements.
- Review the following website instructions and complete the online application form.
- Go to gatherguard.com
- Click on “Get a Quote” in the red box.
- Select your event.
- Answer the questions.
- Search for venue - Type in the name of the campus your event will be held at.
- Answer Questions:
- Basic Coverage
- About your event
- Additional Coverage
- Insured - Your organization.
- Insurance Contact - Campus contact requesting insurance for your event.