The Office of Risk Management provides certificates of insurance to parties Peralta CCD conducts business with, collects certificates, reviews insurance requirements, provides field trip waivers for class participation off campus, and offers the Tenant User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP) that provides affordable insurance, at a cost, for student and outside organizations or groups that would like to hold an event/s at one of Peralta CCD facilities, but do not have insurance.

Certificate of Insurance Request Process

  1. Provide a copy of the Contract/Agreement/Resolution/Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)/Independent Contractor Contract (ICC).
  2. Name of the organization the certificate should be made out to.
  3. Enter complete address including zip code.
  4. “Attention to” name.
  5. If an additional insured or loss payee is required, please allow up to a week for processing.
  6. Forward the information to

Field Trip Waivers

  1. The Field Trip Waiver (see below) shall be filled out before students can participate in offsite classroom field trips.

  2. Print out a copy of the Field Trip Waiver for the upcoming field trip and fill out.

  3. Return the completed form to the instructor before the field trip.

Tenant User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP)

  1. Cost is based on risk of activity, days, number of participants, and special requirements.
  2. Review the following website instructions and complete the online application form.
    1. Go to:
    2. Scroll down the page until you see: “Get a free quote”
      1. Step 1: Confirm your Venue
        1. Enter Venue ID Code: 0360-079
      2. Step 2: Enter your Event Details
      3. Step 3: Premium Quote and Contact information
        1. Contact for an insurance policy:
          1. Carrie Burdick
          2. Use the address of the Campus your event will be held.
          3. 510-466-7240
    3. If you decide to purchase the coverage, provide credit card information.
    4. Coverage will be bound immediately, and a certificate of insurance will be emailed to Risk Management Office.


Forms and Documents