Ergonomics is the study of the relationship between the worker and the work environment, including the workstation, equipment, and the tasks performed. An evaluation will review the employees’ work postures, movements, repetitiveness, pace of work, force of movements, vibration, and temperature. The Office of Risk Management provides ergonomic evaluations for Peralta employees.
- Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an evaluation.
- If you have one, provide a doctor’s note.
- Risk accepts doctors’ notes that request an ergonomic evaluation or state the employee’s mobility issue, not equipment suggestions as we prefer trained ergonomic experts to make recommendations that will fit individual workstation needs.
- Provide the following: campus, building, room number, and contact information.
- Evaluations are in-person.
- Equipment will be purchased by the requesting employee’s department.
- Complete the Office Ergonomic Self-Assessment and return to Risk Management.
- Review the Ergonomic Video, located in the online training program, and forward the certificate to Risk Management.
- If you are feeling pain and/or soreness, please see recommended stretches.
- Remember to drink water.
- Working from home? Click here.