The District Facilities Committee serves in support of College and District-wide facilities needs through an ongoing review of available resources and planning priorities and implementation of the District Facilities Master Plan.
The DFC serves to advise the District Service Centers and Colleges on the resolution of overall facility maintenance needs, to include deferred and preventive maintenance, and reviews all plans and make recommendations pertaining to the construction, remodeling, and/or reassignment of existing facilities. Specifically, DFC serves to:
- Review issues and make recommendations pertaining to Facilities at the District Service Centers and across the four Colleges
- Communicate constituent Facility needs for District Service Centers and Colleges
- Disseminate District Service Centers and College Facility plans across the four Colleges
- Seek collaborative solutions that use Facility resources across the Colleges and District Service Centers
- Stay current on legislative and regulatory proposals and new funding streams that may impact College and district-wide programs