Follow the steps below to complete the resignation or retirement process.
- Complete Retirement/Resignation form and submit it to your departmental manager.
- Recommended: Submit a resignation letter to your departmental manager or the HR office.
- CalSTRS members: Schedule a retirement appointment with CalSTRS (calstrs.com) or by phone at 800-228-5453 and select option 3. In addition, you can visit the Publication section of their site to see their Retirement Guide.
- CalPERS members: Schedule an appointment with CalPERS (calpers.ca.gov) regarding retirement benefits.
- Contact the Benefits office (email@example.com) if you require information regarding health coverage after separation.
- Complete the Peralta Exit Interview Survey.
- Return all District property before last working day.
- Generate a termination ePAF.
- Forward to the HR Office:
- The original copy of the Retirement/Resignation form.
- All outstanding Leave of Absence Reporting (LAR) forms.
The Retirement/Resignation form should be submitted to your department Dean.
If you are a faculty member, please do not submit the form to your department chair.