College Credit for Advanced Placement (AP) Tests, International Baccalaureate (IB), and the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
In order to receive credit for either AP, IB, or CLEP:
- You must be enrolled in the Peralta Community College District to apply for such credit.
- You are not required to have completed any specific number of units in the Peralta Community College District prior to applying for such credit.
- You may use units earned through any of these exams to meet Certificate (AP only) and Associate Degree requirements (to see the unit values awarded by the Peralta District for any of these exams, please see the charts that follow each section).
- You may not use units from these exams to satisfy financial aid, veterans, or EOPS eligibility criteria.
- You may not use units from these exams to satisfy the 12-unit residency requirement at any of the Peralta Community College District’s four colleges.
- If you have earned credit from an AP exam, you should not enroll in a comparable college course because credit will not be granted for both the exam and the course.