Reasons to Study at Berkeley City College
- Location! We are located in California's vibrant San Francisco East Bay
- 100+ programs to choose from! Our district has four colleges: Berkeley City College, College of Alameda, Laney College, and Merritt College. With one application, you have access to classes at all 4 colleges. Come for a Gap Year, or to start your degree pathway!
- Perfect weather! 15ºC / 60ºF winters and 22ºC /72ºF summers
- Low tuition! Swedish students may apply for the CSN student grants
- Flexible admission! You can join us in the fall or spring semesters, which are 16 weeks each.
- Supportive environment! The Office of International Education is here to help you with a housing referral, finding a student club, or creating events for students to make friends and have a fulfilling cultural experience here in the US.
- Easy online application—Apply now!
The Bay Area is known as a global center for tech companies, startups, and networking opportunities available. Our most renowned companies include:
- Uber Technologies Inc.
Students have access to many Student Clubs and Organizations, including the International Students Connection. The ISC is a community of international students coming together as a family, a home away from home for the next couple of years before graduating or transferring. ISC encourages and promotes goodwill among international students to increase awareness and appreciation of other cultures to provide an opportunity to develop lifelong friendships, enhance the international student experience, and promote cultural diversity and inclusivity in Foothill College, De Anza College, UC Berkeley, Berkeley City College, and Laney College through events and services.
We offer short-term vocational certificates, two-year associate degrees, and university transfer programs:
- American Sign Language
- Arts & Cultural Studies: Art | Art History| Communication | Humanities | Liberal Arts | Music | Philosophy | Women’s Studies
- Business | Computer Information Systems | Cooperative Education (COPED) | Economics
- English | Education | LRNRE
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- Library Information Systems (LIS)
- Modern Languages: Arabic | Chinese | French | Portuguese | Spanish
- Multimedia Arts
- Science & Biotechnology: Astronomy | Biology | Biotechnology | Chemistry | Geography | Geology | Microbiology | Physical Science | Physics
- Social Sciences: Anthropology | Ethnic Studies | African American Studies | Asian American Studies | Liberal Arts | Mexican & Latin American Studies | Global Studies | History | Political Science | Psychology | Social Science | Social Work & Human Services | Sociology
Apply now! https://www.peralta.edu/international/apply
Follow us on social media! #peraltaintl