Please navigate using the links below to learn about the Degrees and Programs offered by our colleges. Each college offers students the opportunity to transfer to a 4-year university.

Academic Programs at the Colleges


Berkeley City College

Click above to visit BCC's Degree Programs


College of Alameda 

Click above to visit COA's Degree Programs


Laney College

Click above to visit Laney's Degree Programs

Merritt_Logo2-e1494345657262Merritt College

Click above to visit Merritt's Degree Programs


Student Education Plans (SEPs)

Attention screen reader users: press Enter on any of the below Help titles to expand or collapse its content
What is a Student Education Plan (SEP)?
An SEP outlines the specific courses a student should enroll in each semester in order to meet their educational goal. Your goal may be to complete an AA/AS program or transfer (AA-T or AS-T) to a university (or both). An SEP details exactly what you need to do.
What are some benefits to doing an SEP?
  1. SEPs provide students with specific requirements for their major/transfer work and give them an exact time frame for graduation.
  2. When applying for a visa renewal SEPs show the US Embassy that you have a program, a study plan, and the specific courses remaining to complete your program.
  3. When your I-20 is going to expire, SEPs are helpful for our F-1 advisors who use them to extend your program.
Why is doing an SEP important?
Certain requirements for universities vary by major and school. Counselors will ensure you take the classes that are needed to transfer and help avoid spending extra time and money.  Also, counselors will map your plan so you can finish your program in a reasonable amount of time.
What are students most surprised about after completing an SEP?
Students are surprised to learn how many classes are required and how many units they should take each semester to graduate in 2 years.
What do I do after completing an SEP?

You would follow your plan each semester and choose the classes mapped out. If you change your mind about school/major, then you can meet with a counselor and update it.

Where can I do an SEP?

You can meet with a counselor on campus or with an International Student Counselor at the Oakland Office. If you are looking to make an appointment with our International Student Academic Counselor, please visit our Student Education Plan (SEP) Office Hours and call us at (510) 466-7380 to make an appointment.