Guidelines for International Transcript Evaluation Services

  1. Students must request and pay for an evaluation of their international transcript(s) through one of the following agencies (all agencies listed below are members of National Association of Credential Evaluation Services-

Educational Credential Evaluators
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470 

Tel: (414) 289-3400

Educational Records Evaluation Services (ERES)
601 University Ave Suite 127
Sacramento, CA 95825-6738

Tel: (916) 921-0790

International Evaluation Service Center for Applied Research, Evaluation, and Education Inc.
P.O. Box 18358
Anaheim, CA 92817

Tel: (714) 237-9272

International Education Research Foundations, Inc.
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665

Tel: (310) 258-9451

World Education Services
P.O. Box 26879
San Francisco, CA 94126-6879

Tel: (415) 677-9378

2. The evaluation must include a course-by-course review and include the following:

  • Semester unit equivalency
  • Course Characteristics (distinction between lower/upper division coursework, letter grades)
  • Level of Courses (certification that your coursework is equivalent to coursework from a regionally accredited U.S. 2-year or 4-year or post-secondary institution)

What Happens Next?

  • Upon receiving your official transcript evaluation, please schedule an appointment with a Counselor at your College. Do not open your sealed official transcript evaluation once you receive them (if opened, the transcript evaluation is considered unofficial).
  • Students must meet with a Counselor in prior to submitting a Request for Initial Evaluation. Upon submission, the Coordinator-Admissions and Records/Transcripts will process the request.
  • Students may be required to submit course description(s), course outline(s), and/or syllabus translated to English to complete the evaluation process.

Please note:

*UC and CSU institutions reserve the right to make their own determinations on transferability and applicability to their own requirements.*

*We cannot apply international coursework to CSU GE Breadth or IGETC Certification for transfer purposes.*