Federal Financial Aid Eligibility Criteria:
Federal financial aid is available to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (i.e. permanent resident, refugee, asylee, parolee).
- Have a valid Social Security Number.
- Have a financial need as determined by your financial aid application (FAFSA), and reviewed or certified by the Financial Aid Office.
- Have a high-school diploma or a GED certificate.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible certificate, associate, or transfer degree program.
- Meet standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Not be in default on an educational loan nor owe a refund to any financial aid office. To track your federal student loans and grants, visit the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) Student Access Web Site.
- Certify that all information you provide on Financial Aid application form is accurate and true, and that federal aid received will be used only for educational purposes.
- Be registered, or formerly registered, with the Selective Service System, if you are a U.S. citizen or immigrant alien male aged 18 through 26. If you have not yet registered, you can do so at http://www.sss.gov.
Step 1: Apply for Financial Aid
- The FAFSA Priority deadline is March 2nd for the incoming academic school year. However, students may always apply after the priority deadline.
- Make sure to include the PCCD Federal School Code and provide accurate income information.
- When completing your FAFSA, use the IRS Data Retrieval process to complete your FAFSA to ensure accurate information and to shorten the verification process with our office later.
- Electronically sign your FAFSA by using your FSA ID
* They will require spouse information if married and parents’ information if you are considered a dependent in accordance to the Department of Education guidelines.
Step 2: If attending a Peralta College, set up your Refund Preference
- It will take the Department of Education about 2-3 weeks to send us your financial aid information if you included one of our four Peralta Colleges. We will only receive it if you placed our Federal School Code in your FAFSA application.
- All new financial applicants who select one of our Peralta Colleges as a school will be required to set their Refund Preference with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Visit this link for more information: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/.
- Returning students at Peralta: your refund will be delivered according to the refund preference you set the previous year(s).
Step 3: Submit Verification Documents/Forms to the Financial Aid Office
- After receiving your financial aid information from the Dept of Ed, we may require that you submit verification documents to complete your file.
- READ YOUR Student Aid Report!!! Review for accuracy, and make corrections as needed on the FAFSA website before you submit documents to our office.
- Check your To-Do List for required documents via the Peralta Campus Solutions. Click on the “Financial Aid” tab to view your Financial Aid requirements for the appropriate Financial Aid year.
- Verification Forms can be downloaded here, completed, and submitted to your College Home Campus.
- Make sure you have updated your current Academic Major. Not doing so might jeopardize your financial aid eligibility
- All documents are processed in the order that they are received.
Step 4: Check your Financial Aid Eligibility Online
- All students receive financial aid email alerts to their Peralta email address. These are non-student-specific emails, directing students to log into the Campus Solutions account to check outstanding requirements, holds, academic ineligibility, awards and any other changes.
- Students should always check their Campus Solutions account to view eligibility and award information rather than stand in line.
Step 5: Keep your Financial Aid
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Reapply for Financial Aid every year during the priority application period
Important FA Eligibility Policies