It is possible for you to have a maximum two semesters or a maximum of 24 semester units of poor grades earned within the Peralta District colleges forgiven alleviated/forgiven and disregarded when computing your cumulative grade point average. To do this, you must legally petition to have your poor grades disregarded by submitting a completed “Academic Renewal/Alleviation of Substandard Academic Performance Form” to the Admissions & Records Office on campus. You must meet the following conditions to be eligible for academic renewal:

A. A period of one year must have elapsed since the work to be alleviated was completed.

B. The student has requested the action through formal petition and has presented evidence that work completed in the term(s) under consideration is (are) substandard and not representative of present scholastic ability and level of performance.

C. Since the most recent work to be disregarded was completed, the student must have completed 15 lower-division semester units with at least a 2.5 GPA, either in the Peralta Community College District or another regionally accredited college or university.

Please Note: When course work is alleviated, the permanent academic record shall be annotated in such a manner that all work remains legible, ensuring a true and complete academic history. Academic renewal does not guarantee that other institutions outside the Peralta Community College District will approve alleviated course work. That determination will be made by the respective transfer institution.