Part-Time Hourly Faculty Benefits Open Enrollment Announcement Fall 2023
Open enrollment begins on August 18, 2023 ends on September 21, 2023.
Re-enrollment is required by September 21, 2023 and is not automatic.
NEW! Kaiser & Anthem enrollees now pay contributions equal to full-time faculty for medical coverage with an assignment of 40% or greater. Refer to the “Benefit Eligibility & Payment Highlights” section of this announcement and section C.
Current Enrollees with no changes to current elections:
Employees who wish to continue current elections/coverage without any changes simply complete the eligibility affidavit/Enrollment Form and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 21, 2023. No need to re-enroll via BenefitBridge or submit supporting documentation.
New Enrollees or Current Enrollees making changes to coverage or dependents:
- Upload Eligibility Affidavit/Enrollment Form and the Other Benefits Enrollment Acknowledgement Form
- Upload supporting documentation if you are adding a dependent to your coverage.
- Forms are available on BenefitBridge when you register and log-in
- Enrollments are processed only if supporting documents are received before the September 21, 2023 deadline (No exceptions).
HELP IS HERE! - Call (800) 814-1862 Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
If you have any questions about medical and dental benefit plan features, you are encouraged to either:
- Visit the plan websites or contact vendors directly, or
- Attend a virtual Part-Time Faculty Open Enrollment Benefits Orientation via Zoom on August 23, 2023 & September 12, 2023 from 3-4pm.
- Zoom Link: https://peralta-edu.zoom.us/j/85162878537
- Meeting ID: 851 6287 8537 or Dial: +1 (669) 444-9171 (US Toll)
Other times available by appointment. Call (510) 466-7229 or email email@example.com
“If I want to consider enrolling, then where do I start?” – Login in here: www.BenefitBridge.com/peralta
SISC Kaiser Traditional HMO Plan
SISC Anthem PPO Plans
There are two PPO plans offered: Anthem PPO and Anthem PPO 2
- UHC Dental DHMO – Welcome Brochure
- UHC Dental Select Managed Care CA Open Enrollment Brochure
- Summary of Dental Benefits and Coverage Disclosure Matrix (SDBC)
- UHC DHMO – Direct Compensation Dental Plan Evidence of Coverage
- UHC Dental DHMO – Direct Compensation (DC) Contributory CA250/covered dental services CA D1065
Navia Benefit Solutions will be the administrator of our Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Commuter benefits, effective January 1, 2023.
It's important to note that a change has been made to the FSA plan design for 2023. The 2023 FSA plans will have the 2 ½ month grace period instead of the carryover feature. The grace period gives you an additional 2 ½ months to incur expenses against your Health Care and Day Care arrangements. This means that you will have until 3/15/2024 to incur services against your 2023 FSA. All expenses incurred during the 2 ½ month grace period will automatically deduct from the prior year's account first, and any remaining claim balance will then be applied to your current plan year.
If you participated in the 2022 Health Care FSA with CBIZ and have remaining funds at the end of the 90-day claims runout period, remaining balances of up to $570 will be transferred to Navia as a one-time carryover.
The Commuter account balances will continue the carryover feature as it has in the past.
For 2023, the maximum amount that you can contribute is:
- $3,050 for healthcare/medical FSA
- $5,000 (per household) for dependent care FSA
- $300 each for commuter benefits (transit and parking)
For assistance with your benefits questions,
please contact the District Benefits Office at 510.466.7229
Mon – Fri, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, PST or email firstname.lastname@example.org