Spring 2023 Applications Are Now Closed

Summer and Fall 2023 applications will open in mid-March. If you have any questions, please email international@peralta.edu for further assistance.


Step 1: Create OpenCCC Account & Obtain a Peralta Student ID

  • Select your home campus:

Berkeley City College | College of Alameda | Laney College | Merritt College

  • Create an OpenCCC Account
  • Sign in to OpenCCC, select Start an Application, and follow the steps to complete an OpenCCC International Application

Under current visa type, unless you have an F-1 visa, select “OTHER or NONE” and check the “no visa yet” box.

Step by Step: Video Tutorial (YouTube)

Step 2: Access your Peralta Microsoft Office 365 Accounts

  • Locate your Peralta email address and password sent to your personal email
  • Reset/Update your Password
  • Go to Step 3

Step 3: Submit a Peralta International Student Application

  • Login to International Student Portal by selecting the Login link
    • It may take one business day to access your International Student Portal. The login is your Peralta student email and password.
  • Once logged in, select an application: Overseas (for new students outside the U.S.) or Transfer (for students in the U.S. who already have an F-1 visa)
  • Follow the steps to submit a Peralta International Student Application
Change of Status students must meet with an international advisor prior to applying

Deadlines to Apply

Semester (Date) Overseas Transfers (Already in the U.S. on F-1 Visa)
Spring (January - May) November 15

December 15

Summer (June - July) Not Available May 15
Fall (August - December) June 15 July 15


Concurrent F-1 and Non-F-1 Applicants

If you are currently an F-1 or J-1 student at another U.S. institution and would like to take a class at one of our colleges, please complete Step 1 of the International Student Application Process, and email the following items to international@peralta.edu

  • Peralta Student ID
  • Passport Bio Page
  • Visa Page
  • Current I-20 or DS-2019 Form
  • What classes are you planning to enroll in?

Students on other visas such as B-2 may enroll in classes. Please complete Step 1 and email our office with your legal documents.