- Apply through Peralta’s Human Resources site, https://peraltaccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/search. Applications typically open during the Spring semester. Sign up for the FDIP Informational Mailing List for more information.
- Once you submit an application, send the confirmation number to the Faculty Diversity Internship Program Coordinator at FDIP@peralta.edu.
- For disability accommodations, please contact the coordinator.
- After the deadline, the Human Resources department reviews all application materials to ensure they are complete. Once this review is complete, the applicant pool becomes available. At this point, the FDIP Selection Committee will carefully review all applications and supporting documents. The Selection Committee does not have access to incomplete applications, along with applications that miss the deadline.
- Required documents for the Faculty Diversity Internship Program Application:
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter — Please include the discipline you wish to join.
- Graduate and undergraduate transcripts
- Responses to supplemental questions. These questions may vary, however generally speaking these essays are a space for you to address your commitment to working in a diverse community, and further explain your interest in participating in the program.
|Has an interest in working as an instructor, counselor, or librarian at a community college. Needs to complete all parts of the application and understand what classes they can teach in PCCD. Must file for equivalency (if necessary).
|Member (no mentor)
|Builds a professional network through informational interviews, class observations, meetings with department chairs across all campuses. Creates portfolio. Attends FDIP trainings and workshops.
|Participant (informal mentorship)
|Observes classes, gives a teaching demonstration, or job shadows; gains feedback on portfolio materials; learns about employment opportunities in their field; and practices interviewing for a full-time position
|Faculty Intern (paid)
|Gains hands-on experience teaching in an ethnically diverse community college system; works closely and meet regularly with a Faculty Mentor; receives regular feedback and assessment. 5. How many semesters can someone work as an Intern?
An Intern can work up to four (4) semesters.
- An Intern can work up to four (4) semesters.
- Yes. Members are required to participate in workshops and training sessions in order to develop a portfolio of materials that will prepare them to become faculty members. Workshops are typically held once a month through the Fall and Spring semesters.
- No. Acceptance into the Faculty Diversity Internship Program does not guarantee an internship. Placements are based on the needs of the disciplines at the colleges within the Peralta Community College District AND a demonstration of the Member’s readiness. Members who work to build a portfolio of materials that demonstrate their experiences and abilities are more likely to find a placement. Unfortunately, while the program intends to place all Members, final placements are determined by a variety of factors outside the program’s control, including the availability of classes, college enrollment, and funding opportunities.
For more information on applying for FDIP and the academic hiring process in general, please see our FAQs on applying for FDIP (and academic positions in general).