Attention screen reader users: press Enter on any of the below Help titles to expand or collapse its content
When and where will the 1098-T be mailed?
1098-T forms were mailed to students' mailing addresses during the last week of January for the previous year. Your mailing address can be verified in your Campus Solutions (access Campus Solutions via your Student Portal here: )or at the Admissions & Records Office on campus. Please email if you have not received your 1098-T form.
Can I receive my 1098-T electronically?

Yes.  The Peralta Community College District is offering you the opportunity to receive a copy of your 1098-T Tuition Statement Tax Form.  We have partnered with Heartland ECSI, offering you the opportunity to receive your 1098-T Tuition Statement electronically.

If you would like to print your 1098-T form electronically, please go to ECSI - FAQ - Tax and follow the step-by-step instructions provided by Heartland ECSI.

It's that easy!

Heartland ECSI's website is a secure website and will not share your private information with anyone. This notification is strictly sent to gather your consent for receiving an electronic 1098-T Form.

Please note:

1098-Ts are only generated for those who made payments to their account during the previous year.  If you did not pay any fees for any semester last year you may not receive a 1098-T.  Also, students who do not have a valid IRS Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number on file will not receive a form.

Unfortunately, in-person requests cannot be processed.

Why did I receive a 1098-T tax form?

You received a form because your higher education expenses may be eligible for federal tax benefits.

Our records show that you were:

  1. Enrolled in courses at one of the four Peralta Community Colleges
  2. Made payments for the reporting tax year
  3. Have a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number reflected in Peralta’s Campus Solutions
Why haven’t I received my 1098-T form?

In certain situations, a 1098-T may not have been generated for you:

  • If you do not have a valid address reflected in your Campus Solutions.
  • If you do not have a valid Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number on file with our district.
  • If you had no payments posted in the tax year (previous year). When reviewing your records, please take into consideration actual payment dates and not semester start dates.

The method of reporting selected by the Peralta Community College District is to report only the amounts billed during the tax year. When reviewing your records, please take into consideration actual billing dates in order to reconcile your records to the amounts on the form.

I’m an international student, can I get a 1098T?

If you are an international student and would like to obtain a 1098-T form, you must have an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) issued by the IRS. You will need to fill out the Student Data Correction Sheet and submit them to the District Admissions and Records Office. A valid identification card or driver’s license is needed for identification purposes. Please go the Admissions & Records Office at your colleges to present that documentation.

My child attends one of the Peralta Community Colleges and I need their payment information. How can I get a copy?

1098-T forms are sent to the student’s permanent address as reflected in the Peralta Campus Solutions system. In order to protect student privacy rights guaranteed through the Federal Family Educational Right to Privacy Act, we cannot provide parents student information without approved consent. Students may fill out an Authorization for Release of Information form and submit it in person to the District Admissions and Records office in order to allow parents the right to student information.

Why doesn’t the amount billed on my 1098-T match my records to what I actually paid?
There are two methods for schools to report fees. One method is to report the payments made by students during the tax year, and the other method is to report amounts billed during the tax year. PCCD is required by the state of California to only report payments made.
What do I need to know if I feel the amounts on my 1098-T form are wrong?
  • Check your 1098-T form. If Box 7 was checked on the form, then the tuition for the Spring term is on that form and is not included on the previous year’s 1098-T form.
  • Check your form. If Box 7 is checked then it is including amounts for the academic period starting Jan – March (Spring of the current year)
  • Check to see if there have been any changes to your class schedule. If you dropped any courses or had a record correction, those changes would be reflected in the tax year the changes were initiated in. 

Keep in mind, the 1098-T reflects qualified tuition and related expenses only.

In order to determine qualifying tuition and expenses, only the amount students are required to pay in order to be enrolled at or attend one of the Peralta Community Colleges is considered.

Required fees are:

  • Enrollment fee
  • Out of State/International Tuition
  • Capital Outlay Fee
  • Health Fee
  • Campus Center Use Fee
  • AC Transit Easy Pass Fee

Amounts paid for any course or other education involving sports, games, or hobbies are not eligible unless the course is part of the student’s degree program. Charges and fees associated with room, board, student activities, athletics, insurance, books, equipment, transportation, and similar personal living or family expenses are not qualified expenses. Qualified expenses must be reduced by tax-free grants, scholarships, fellowships, tuition exemptions and employer-provided educational assistance. 


The Peralta Community Colleges or the Peralta Community College District Office cannot provide assistance regarding your eligibility or the calculation of the credit. The following websites have additional information that may be useful.