We are pleased to announce that the Peralta Colleges (Laney, Merritt, Berkeley City and College of Alameda) offer a transportation reimbursement program to students who rely on Paratransit to get to and from school and school-related events. Here are important details:
Students must be enrolled in 6 or more units in the semester they seek the reimbursement.
- Eligibility: Reimbursement can occur for any current or future semester where the student is enrolled in 6 or more units and is Paratransit eligible. Students can also file reimbursement claims for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 academic years where the student was enrolled in 6 or more units and is Paratransit eligible.
- The student must do two things for a successful reimbursement; 1. Keep and submit all receipts for expenses incurred for Paratransit transportation to and from college courses and/or college-related events. 2. Complete the Paratransit Reimbursement Form.
- For students who are unable to submit receipts for any reason, they must submit the completed Paratransit Reimbursement Form. The maximum reimbursement in this case is $328 per semester.
- The receipts and form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Peralta Community College District, Attn. Neshawn Dixon, 333 East 8thStreet, Oakland, CA 94606 before the last day of instruction for each semester of eligibility. The last day of instruction is the last day of final exam week each semester. Students are welcome to submit receipts and/or the Paratransit Reimbursement Form prior to this date.
- Upon receipt of the fully completed reimbursement form and receipts where available, PCCD will reimburse the student within 30 days by mailing a check to the address submitted on the reimbursement form.
- If any student needs assistance with the form or any part of the reimbursement process they should contact Neshawn Dixon, Staff Assistant at email@example.com (510) 466-7371. Ms. Dixon can assist student by phone, email or in person.